Tuesday, November 30, 2010

November Card Class

Hello.  Our card class last night was great.  Thank you ladies for coming.


Here are the cards we made and what inspired them.

For this class I only knew one of the card designs I wanted to make; however, this card triggered my "creative spark" and the rest as they say is history.

This card was inspired by the clean and simple sketch http://cleanandsimplestamping.blogspot.com/search/label/fall%20to%20layout%20102.  Check out this site, it has great ideas.


Card #1 inspired by clean and simple sketch

The second I saw the sketch I fell in love, and couldn't wait to create.  I grabbed my bin of circle punches and started punching away until I found the right size circles.  (There were many discarded circles)

The discarded circles became the inspiration for card #2.

Card #2

For this card the circles seemed plain so I used the Big Shot Lattice folder to emboss the circles.  I cut the circles out first then I ran them through the machine.  I figured since I was in a circle kind of mood, why not use my scallop circles as well.

One scallop leads to another.  The scallop (and some holiday cheer)  inspired the card #3.

Card #3

I used the Celebrations DSP, so I am not sure why this looks so Christmas-y.  But hey, people are born in December, so Happy December Birthday!!!

At this point I felt I hadn't stamped enough so I made up for it in card  #4.

 
Card #4

I used a combination of the Party Hearty stamp set and the Sweet Birthday stamp.  I used the stamps to create the background and then cut it into 1in strips.  The ladies were amazed at how easy it was to create something that looked so complicated.

Hope this triggered your creative spark.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...