Tuesday, December 14, 2010

December Card Gift Set

I had an additional class this month where we made a gift set. 

Gift Set
The cards are blank so they can be used to just send a note. we create four coordinating cards and a matching holder.  Makes a great gift. 

The cards are pretty straight foward so I don't have instructions for them.


I learned to make this card holder at Stamping in the Woods with Cindy.

To create the holder, I used an 8 1/2 x 11 sheet of paper.
I scored it at the 5in and 6in, then turned it and scored again at the 2 and 2 1/2 in, this creates the pocket the cards will sit in.
Cut out the center bottom to make the folder fold. ( I hope that makes sense.  Maybe I'll post a picture.)

Holding the four corner toghter I used a hole punch to create the holes for the ribbon ties.
Then place ribbon in holes and tie.


Supplies used:
Stamp set: Because I Care 
Cardstock:  Concord Crush, Poppy Red, Pear Pizazz, Daffodil Delight and Bashful Blue
Embellishments: 5/8 grosgrain ribbon in Old Olive
All of the mats are embossed using Big Shot texture plates or folders

Give it a try.  Thanks for looking.

1 comment:

  1. These cards are fantastic! What a great idea!

    Hugs,
    Snoopy :D

    http://snoopyshomemadefun.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...