Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Let the Count Down Begin

Woo Hoo!!! The first day of December.  Time to deck the halls.   (Well actually, I start decking the halls the day after Thanksgiving )

This year I made some decorations instead of buying them.  I am very excited to show them off.

I am not sure where I saw this originally but I will tell you I copied this. Thank you for the idea mystery crafter.

Paper Ribbon Trees




I don't think the picture captures how cute these are.

I wasn't sure how the cone was made when I first saw this.  I tried to make tall cones out of paper, like a witches hat, but the shape was to pointy.  One day as I wandered down the aisles of the local craft store I found foam cones and felt a little silly.  Anyway, I bought one in each size available (along with some foam balls I'll show you in another post).

Cones

When I arrived home from the store,  I was excited to see a Stampin' Up! box on the porch with my latest order.  It was fate.  I was meant to make these trees.

Deck the Hall DSP 1 1/2in x 6 in strips
I unpacked everything and started cutting.  I decided to use the Deck The Hall DSP and cut it into 1 1/2in x 6in strips. 

Adding the ribbons with pins
One thing I would do, that I didn't do with these, is wrap the cone first in paper.  When I was done putting the paper ribbons I had to go back and fill in some gaps where you could see the cone.  I used pins to secure the ribbons to the tree.

Ta Da!!!
Now they are decorating my living room.

Give it a try. Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...